BM TRADA Q-Mark Certified – Fire Door Installation (STD052)
BM TRADA Q-Mark – Fire Door Maintenance (STD058)
BM TRADA Q-Mark – Fire Stopping Installation (STD05B)
The UKAS accredited BM TRADA certification is a prestigious third-party fire services certification, for the manufacture, installation and maintenance services for Fire Doors and Fire Stopping. On behalf of Astral Fire & Security, Simon Quigley an Approved Installer and John Bayliss an Approved Installer & Maintainer attended and completed the voluntary certification, providing a clear demonstration of our commitment to quality.
There is a legal requirement for manufacturers to demonstrate the ability of their products to resist the passage and spread of fire. However, if these products are not properly installed, their fire resistance capabilities can be seriously compromised.
The BM TRADA Q-Mark scheme has been designed to provide reassurance to specifiers, contractors and end users that the product they have chosen has been installed correctly and that it should perform as intended and in line with both their instructions and their fire test evidence.
In order to become certified under the BM TRADA Q-Mark scheme, Simon Quigley an Approved Installer and John Bayliss an Approved Installer & Maintainer were nominated on behalf of Astral Fire & Security, as the supervisors who will each take responsibility for a number of handpicked operatives.
Throughout the certification process, both Simon and John were required to demonstrate and complete all of the specific training requirements for the certification, such as:
- Demonstrate their competence to fit fire stopping products as well as supervise the fitting of such products
- Attended the BM TRADA’S on-site training and live examination programme
- Completion of a number of on-site competence assessments
- Inspection of works carried out by the supervisor and those under their supervision at a live customer site
Astral Fire & Security in partnership with BM TRADA’s Q-Mark Fire Door Installation and Fire Stopping Scheme, aim to:
- Raise the on-going standard of installation of Fire Doors and Fire Stopping
- Ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
- Ensure the product’s service life is maximised through correct installation
- Provide peace of mind that the Installer is suitably qualified and that their work is continually assessed by an independent body
- Provide specifiers with the means to demonstrate that the installation meets the required standard.
If you have any questions regarding our new certification or any of our fire and security services, please feel free to contact Simon Quigley, Astral Fire & Security on 08456 474 474 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss.
Alternatively you can visit www.bmtrada.com to find out more about the BM TRADA’s Q-Mark Fire Door Installation and Fire Stopping Scheme.
Simon Quigley – Client Director
Astral Fire & Security
Fire & Security Solved!
Call us on: 08456 474 474
Email us at: email@example.com